WHO WE ARE
We are a tourism company specializing in providing birdwatching experiences, with the goal of developing a new ecotourism concept in the Algarve (Portugal) by promoting the environmental, historical and cultural heritage of the region while reinvesting our profits in conservation.
A Rocha Life is registered in RNAAT – Turismo de Portugal – under N.º 564/2015.
Our mission is to provide a unique birdwatching experience by combining ecotourism with scientific research, environmental education, and nature conservation, whilst also ensuring bird safety and tranquility.
It makes sense to contribute to nature’s protection at the same time as taking the opportunity to enjoy it.
Our Main Values
Scientific research for nature conservation and environmental education
Sharing of knowledge between people from different cultures
Work in partnership with any organization or person sharing the same preoccupation about a sustainable world
A Rocha Life Portugal follows the basic principles defined by The International Ecotourism Society (TIES) in the activities developed, such as:
- Minimizing the impact (of the activities);
- Creating an environmental and cultural awareness and respect;
- Providing positive experiences for both visitors and hosts;
- Providing direct financial benefits to nature conservation;
- Providing financial benefits and qualification for the local population.
All the activities led by A Rocha Life Portugal aim to have an ecological footprint that is as small as possible.
All our tours are carbon neutral. We offset our carbon emission through the Climate Stewards programme.
Our profits are 100% reinvested in nature conservation and environmental education, through A ROCHA Portugal conservation and education programmes.
- Guillaume Réthoré Birdwatching guide
- Filipa Bragança Birdwatching guide
- Marcial Felgueiras Operations Director
- Nuno Alexandre Webmaster
This post is also available in: French