TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The booking of a tour is arranged between you and A Rocha Life or between you and an A ROCHA Life affiliate reseller.
- Our tours can be booked using the form on this website, by phone, WhatsApp or email.
- If a tour has no bookings, the cut off time for booking is up to 24 hours before the tour starts.
- After cut off time, bookings can only be done by phone and up to one hour before the tour starts
- For day tours, payment is done directly on the booking form of the website.
- For week long tours we will secure your booking after confirming the payment of a booking fee of at least 250 EUROS of Total Amount. The Total Amount remain will need to be paid at least 15 days before the tour starts.
- If you are joining a week-long tour and booking the flight yourself, make sure you do it to Faro, Portugal (FAO airport) and that you are there on the starting day no later than 2 PM.
- If you are joining a week-long tour and fail to meet our crew, at the arranged meeting point, by more than half an hour, the tour will start without you and you won’t be able to recover that day tour. You should get in touch with our team to find the best solution for the journey to our headquarters but you may have to pay for that journey, depending on the type of week-long tour that you are booked for.
- On a day tour if you fail to meet our crew at the arranged meeting point by more than half an hour, the tour will start without you, and your booking will be managed as a no show.
- Bookings made with A ROCHA Life are paid in EUROS.
- Bookings made through any other travel agency is decided between you and the travel agency of your choice.
- A Rocha Life may cancel a tour for unexpected reasons. A Rocha Life cannot be liable for cancellation due to: natural disaster, weather condition or other factors independent from us. In the mentioned cases, a voucher will be emitted and we will organize with each client alternative dates for the tour.
- Cancellation by the client can only be done by sending an email or a WhatsApp message, at the latest, 2 hours before the tour starts. A fee of 5% of total amount will always be charged. Any remaining amount paid will be refunded.
- If cancellation does not respect what is requested in B.2., a fee of 50% of Total Amount will be charged. Any remaining amount paid will be refunded.
- In case of a no show there will be no refund whatsoever.
- Once the tour has started with all the participants’ agreement, it will not be interrupted due to external factors (wind, rain, and temperature) except when unsafe. In case of tour interruption by the participants, no amount will be refunded.
C. LICENCES AND INSURANCES
- A Rocha Life is registered under N.º 564/2015 (RNAAT) with Turismo de Portugal.
- Tour prices include insurance with civil responsibility and car passenger (accident) coverage. The amount covered by the insurance is compliant with what the Portuguese Law requests for our activity.
D. ITINERARIES AND INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
- Information on itineraries and time in the various points of each tour are just indicative. Our team is flexible to accommodate your preference, so tours could be shorter or longer than stated.
- We might change the duration and itineraries of tours without previous acknowledgement according to weather conditions.
- A Rocha Life will use your email address to contact you for your tour arrangements and may use it to send a newsletter exclusively related with the company. You may request to be excluded from the later.
- During our tours, videos and pictures may be taken to promote our work. If you do not want to be represented in those, warn us before the tour.
F. CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR
- A Rocha Life promotes ecotourism activities, natural and cultural heritage. We expect a respectful conduct towards nature and visited places. When visiting a protected area, we expect participants to respect behaviour codes.
- A Rocha Life reserves the right to stop or cancel a tour if the participants’ behaviour disturbs people, species or habitats.
- A Rocha Life has a complaint book and reports to Turismo de Portugal.
H. OTHER SITUATIONS
- Any other situations not mentioned in this document can be discussed and decided in agreement with A Rocha Life, always in accordance to Portuguese Law.
- In the extreme and, surely, rare event that A ROCHA Life and any of its clients enters in a legal dispute, this will be dealt in Portimão Court and according to Portuguese Commercial Law
Last update: 2021-04-12
This post is also available in: French